One of the things I think is important when I am deciding who I will give a vote to at election time is what have they been doing, not only what they promise they will do, but they need to earn my vote based on their track record, not their promises.
If candidates are serious about making an impact on their communities and electoral areas, they should be actively involved long before talk of any election.
One of the things that makes #HardWorkingHAYES different from all the other candidates is that I am involved in more voluntary activity than any other candidate in Palmerstown/Fonthill electoral area.
Here’s some of the activities I’ve been doing as a volunteer…
– I created and admin the Palmerstown Neighbourhood Watch
– I am a founding member of the Palmerstown Tidy Towns (Meitheal)
– I was chairperson of the South Dublin Tidy Towns Network
– I ran the Community campaign to have a Playground For Palmerstown built
– I have been elected as Chairperson, Secretary and Public Relations Officer of Palmerstown Community Council
– I am on the board of the North Clondalkin, Lucan & Palmerstown Local Policing Forum
– I have hosted and attended consultations regarding the Bus Connects intitiative, as well as providing written submissions to influence the plan
– I have been involved with the Heritage Walks in Palmerstown including the current project of installing interpretive panels for self guided walks
– I have been a member of the Dublin Simon Community monitoring committee at Riversdale House that provides long term care for older residents who have experienced homelessness
– I was twice elected to the Secretariat (Board) of South Dublin County PPN and I hosted a series of meetings to inform community groups of the importance of membership in this democratic process.
– I was a member for the fundraising committee for the Save Palmerstown Parish Centre to ensure that vital services could continue
– I supported and led the local campaign for the “300K Have Your Say” initiative that resulted in funding for projects including: Playground, Rebuild the Silver Bridge, Pathway to the old Church & Graveyard at Mill Lane